The OSUOC Alumni Club participates in the Alumni Scholars Program (ASP) which is directed by The Ohio State University Alumni Association to provide recognition and financial assistance to outstanding incoming freshmen from our local area.
The Office of Student Financial Aid selects recipients based on the OSUOC Alumni Club’s Scholarship Committee’s recommendations. To receive an ASP award, a student must:
- Be admitted to the university
- Preferably ranked in the top 10% of their high school class
- Be recommended by school principals, counselors, and/or teachers based on scholastic ability and character
- Have a record of performance in activities both in school and in the community
- Impress the Scholarship Committee with a sound interest and positive attitude toward college work (an interview process is included)
- Be residents or attend high school in Orange County. Students can only receive one ASP scholarship – either from the county of residence or the county in which their high school is located.
Alumni Scholars Program Deadlines:
Late December/Early January – students receive notice of their acceptance to The Ohio State University.
Early January – notification letters to accepted students in the top 10% of their graduating class are sent out by the Scholarship Chair.
Late January/Early February – all application materials (completed application, transcripts, letter(s) of recommendation) are due to the Scholarship Chair.
Mid February – interviews are held for admitted students who are interested in attending Ohio State.
March 1st – Scholarship Committee’s award recommendations are due to The University.
Late March/Early April – award letters are mailed out to scholarship award winners by the Scholarship Chair.
For information on how to apply for the OSUOC’s Scholarship Program, please contact our Scholarship Chair, Susan Munthe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Detailed information on Admissions and the Academic Programs available at Ohio State can be found at www.osu.edu/futurestudents