The Ohio State Alumni Club of Orange County is one of over 200 geographically-based OSU alumni clubs located throughout the country.
We have 180 household members that include graduates and friends of the university, ranging from 20 years old to 90 years old, plus future Buckeyes as young as 1 year old. There are over 6,000 alumni living in the Orange County area.
Our club has been awarded the prestigious Gold Star award as one the Top 10 clubs in the country by the National Alumni Association, along with being acknowledged as having one of the Top 5 newsletters in the country.
OSUOC exists to promote The Ohio State University through communications and community relations, student recruitment, fellowship, and networking. Its goals are to accurately represent Ohio State in our local community, mobilize alumni to meet special needs of the university, recruit the best and brightest students, contribute new ideas about existing and/or possible university programs, and support university development and scholarship efforts.
Prior to 1959, Orange County was part of the OSU Alumni Club of Southern California Club. In 1959, Orange County became part of the OSU Alumni Club of Long Beach and remained so until 1974. To meet the growing needs of Orange County, the club was granted its charter by the Alumni Association, becoming the Ohio State University Alumni Club of Orange County, Long Beach.
In 1996 the club became known as “The Orange County and Inland Empire Club.” The club served Orange County and The Inland Empire. The Long Beach Club is now part of the Greater Los Angeles Club.
In 2013 we became just the Ohio State Alumni Club of Orange County.